Long-time (since 1994) web design practitioner Jason Pamental, author of Responsive Typography from O’Reilly, is Jeffrey Zeldman’s guest. For more than an hour, the two designers geek out over responsive typography, the history of type on the web, and the explosive creative potential of the new variable fonts.
Multiple Masters. FF Meta. Storing the offsets of the curve points. The three second timeout. Why FOUT is a feature, not a bug. Compensating for the differences between the web font and the backup font. The tragedy of Typecast, the new hope of Figma. Adidas. Nick Sherman. Paula Scher. Mandy Michael. And more.
Links for this episode:
- Hi, I’m Jason | Responsive Web Typography
- Responsive Typography: Using Type Well on the Web: Jason Pamental: 9781491907092: Amazon.com: Books
- Variable Fonts | Responsive Web Typography
- The evolution of typography with variable fonts: an introduction | Responsive Web Typography
- About Jason | Responsive Web Typography
- Jason Pamental (@jpamental) | Twitter
- Variable Fonts Experiments - a Collection by Mandy Michael on CodePen
- The New School: Year One — Pentagram
- David Jonathan Ross (@djrrb) | Twitter
- Bello | Typekit
- An Event Apart: Orlando 2018 Special Edition Web Design & UX Conference
- Figma: the collaborative interface design tool.
- Design with web fonts in the browser - Typecast
- AmbientLightSensor - Web APIs | MDN
- Jason Pamental – Medium
- Jason Pamental on CodePen
- jpamental (Jason Pamental) · GitHub
- Jason Pamental (@jpamental) • Instagram photos and videos
- very able fonts
Brought to you by:
- .TECH Domains (Visit the link and use the code TBWS to get 90% off on 1 & 5 year registrations).