David Sleight, Design Director at ProPublica, is Jeffrey Zeldman’s guest. ProPublica is an independent, nonprofit newsroom that produces “investigative journalism with moral force.” David is a web designer, creative director, and leader at the intersection of publishing and digital technology.
Topics include: Stop blaming the algorithm. Design ethics. Stories as products. How the role of the story affects art direction. Our medium needs design that is faster and design that is slower. The renaissance of The Washington Post. How reporting creates products. Can reporters be part of the Resistance?
Links for this episode:
- Home — ProPublica
- ProPublica Data Store
- David Sleight (@stuntbox) | Twitter
- Stuntbox – Design and strategy of the finest cut.
- ProPublica (@ProPublica) | Twitter
- Inside Atomwaffen As It Celebrates a Member for Allegedly — ProPublica
- Bombs in Our Backyard — ProPublica
- 5by5 | The Big Web Show #66: David Sleight
Brought to you by:
- ZipRecrutier (Visit the link to post jobs on ZipRecruiter for FREE).