CSS Grid Layout is here, with Rachel Andrew
March 10th, 2017
1 hr 3 mins 23 secs
About this Episode
CSS Grid Layout is in Firefox and Chrome, and coming to Safari. Jeffrey Zeldman talks about the new spec with one of its foremost advocates, Rachel Andrew – a web developer, writer, and public speaker from Bristol, UK. Rachel is a member of the CSS Working Group, a Google Developer Expert, the co-founder of the Perch CMS, the publisher of CSS Layout News (a weekly collection of tutorials, news, and information on all things CSS layout), and the author or co-author of countless articles and 30 books, including Get Ready for CSS Grid Layout, A Pocket Guide to CSS Modules, The Profitable Side Project Handbook, and HTML 5 For Web Designers, 2nd Edition.
Links for this episode:
- this is rachelandrew.co.uk - the website of web developer, writer and public speaker Rachel Andrew
- Rachel Andrew (@rachelandrew) | Twitter
- CSS Grid Guides on MDN
- A Book Apart, Get Ready for CSS Grid Layout
- CSS Layout News
- Published books authored and co-authored by Rachel Andrew
- Perch - The really little content management system (CMS)
- CSS Grid lands in Firefox 52
- Podcast episodes featuring Rachel Andrew
- Three years with CSS Grid Layout
- Grid Layout
- My presentations - subjects I speak about and links to resources, video and slides
Brought to you by:
Incapsula (Just visit Incapsula.com/BigWebShow and enter the code BIGWEBSHOW to get one month free).
FreshBooks (To claim your month long unrestricted free trial, go to FreshBooks.com/bigwebshow and enter BIG WEB SHOW in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section).
Wix (Just go to Wix.com and create your stunning website today.)