Designer/developer Val Head (@vlh) is Jeffrey Zeldman's guest. Val is the co-founder of the Web Design Day conference, co-host with Cennydd Bowles of the Motion and Meaning podcast, and author of CSS Pocket Guide (5 Simple Steps) and the upcoming Designing Interface Animations (Rosenfeld Media). Val and Zeldman discuss how to create an animation style guide, the genius of user queries, the web animation API, frame by frame animation, animating with math in Flash, Disney animation and the illusion of life, animating for meaning, how to animate without triggering vestibular disorders, resources for accessible animations, and what to eat in Lawrenceville, PA.
Links for this episode:
- Val Head - Designer & Interface Animation Consultant
- Val Head (@vlh) | Twitter
- Designing Interface Animations | Rosenfeld Media
- Motion And Meaning: A podcast about motion design for digital designers with Val Head and Cennydd Bowles.
- Web Design Day, June 12th 2015 | Pittsburgh, PA Web Design & Development Conference
- Designing Safer Web Animation For Motion Sensitivity · An A List Apart Article
- UI Animation and UX: A Not-So-Secret Friendship · An A List Apart Article
- More Resources for Accessible Animations · An A List Apart Blog Post
- Animation switch
- Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life: Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston: 9780896592339: Amazon.com: Books
- CSS animations | Five Simple Steps
Brought to you by Braintree (To learn more, and for your first $50,000 in transactions fee-free, go to BraintreePayments.com/BigWebShow), Backblaze (You make sites, protect them! Big Web Show listeners get a two week free trial by going to backblaze.com/bws), and DreamHost (Visit the link to sign up and make sure to use the code THEBIGWEBSHOW395 at checkout and you’ll get top rated web hosting for just $3.95/month and a free domain name).