Jeffrey Zeldman's guest is web developer and long-time standards evangelist Aaron Gustafson (@AaronGustafson), author of Adaptive Web Design. The two web design and development veterans discuss web design then and now; why Flipboard's 60fps web launch is anti-web and anti-user; Genesis's "Land of Confusion" video, and other bad ideas from the 1980s; design versus art; the demise and sendoff of Web Standards Sherpa; how the web community differs from other creative communities; and the 2nd Edition of Aaron's book, coming from New Riders this year.
Links for this episode:
- A Bit About Aaron Gustafson
- Adaptive Web Design: Crafting Rich Experiences with Progressive Enhancement
- Responsive Issues Community Group
- Easy Designs - Web Design, Development & Consulting
- Web Standards Sherpa
- Code & Creativity
- WebStandardsProject (@wasp) | Twitter
- A List Apart: For People Who Make Websites
- Genesis - Land Of Confusion [Official Music Video] - YouTube
Sponsored by An Event Apart (The design conference for people who make websites).