Khoi Vinh (@khoi) is a web and graphic designer, blogger, and former design director for The New York Times, where he worked from January 2006 until July 2010. Prior to that, Khoi co-founded and was design director for Behavior, an NYC web design studio. He is the author of How They Got There: Interviews With Digital Designers About Their Careers (http://howtheygotthere.us) and Ordering Disorder: Grid Principles for Web Design (New Riders, 2010), and was a leading proponent of bringing grid-based graphic design principles to web design in the mid-2000s. In 2011, Fast Company named him one of “The 50 Most Influential Designers in America."
Links for this episode:
- Subtraction.com + Khoi Vinh’s Web site
- Khoi Vinh (@khoi) | Twitter
- How they got there. — A book by Khoi Vinh
- Khoi Vinh -- Talk to the Newsroom -- The New York Times -- Reader Questions and Answers - New York Times
- Khoi Vinh on using Sketch instead of Photoshop | Adobe | Creative Bloq
- Behavior Design
Sponsored by DreamHost (Use the code TheBigWebShow395 for top rated web hosting for just $3.95/month and a free domain name).